My, my, how quickly a year can pass. It really doesn’t feel like we’ve been married (more than) a year now, and yet here we are.
For our 1 year anniversary, we trekked back to Pittsburgh for a few days to do everything we missed about Pittsburgh. A lot of it had to do with food.
- Had a BBQ at Brian’s and hung out with friends both old and Nilesh
- Retrieved our cake from Brian’s freezer for traditional pigging out
- Went to Kennywood and did not ride the Turtle
- Visited Flagstaff Hill and the Schenley Park Visitor’s Center
- Ate at the Grand Concourse
- Ate at Bangkok Balcony
- Ate at Uncle Sam’s
- Ate at Dumpy’s Rib Shack
- Went to the South Side (twice)
- Went to Mt. Washington
- Played 9 Square (and Dodgewall!)
- Forgot to eat at Dave and Andy’s or Rita’s (Oops!)
It was a magical time for all involved, and the sorry forgetful fact that we managed to forget D&As and Ritas simply means we’ll have to return to Pittsburgh at some point. We finished most of our cake (leaving the icing, which had become its own entity, it seemed), rented a pretty sweet Mitsubishi Eclipse while we were there, and managed to see the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile. All in all, a very enjoyable anniversary vacation to our hometown.
As a bonus, Katie got to fly back to San Francisco in first class. I played Puzzle Quest on my DS.